Saturday 5 May 2007
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.
28 Weeks Later, directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Secret by Rhonda Byrne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 2007 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 05 May
- Theodore Harold Maiman: American physicist, noted for making the first working laser (Born 1927).
- All 114 aboard Kenya Airways Flight 507 die when the pilots lose control of the plane and it crashes in Douala, Cameroon.
- Footage showing seventeen-year-old Kurdish girl Du’a Khalil Aswad being stoned to death for having a relationship with a Sunni boy is posted on YouTube. (FOX)
- More than 20 countries including the People's Republic of China, the United States, France, Japan, Chile and South Korea agree to work together to end bottom sea trawling. (BBC via ABC News Australia)
- A third mass rally in support of secularism in Turkey is held in Çanakkale, protesting against the Justice and Development Party (AKP) regarding the presidential election. (Turkish Press)
- Lightning is determined to be the cause of ampquotthe Bugaboo fireampquot in the Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge in Georgia which eventually spread to Florida charring hundreds of thousands of acres. (Orlando Sentinel)
- Street Sense wins the 133rd Kentucky Derby. (MSNBC)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. defeats Oscar De La Hoya in the highest grossing boxing match in history. (ESPN)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?