Saturday 1 April 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rosemary Hemphill and Robert Parks.
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1922 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Rosemary Hemphill: Australian writer of cooking and gardening books, who has long been recognised as one of Australia’s leading herb and spice experts.
- Robert Parks: American engineer, a space project director at Jet Propulsion Labs.
- Jordan: American pianist and composer (d. 2006).
- William Manchester: Attleboro, Massachusetts -- Historian (Death of a President).
- Six Irish Catholic civilians are shot and beaten-to-death by a gang of policemen in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ka-Lu-A - Elsie Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?