Saturday 29 April 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 29, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Toots Thielemans and Noriko Sengoku.
Hook, Line and Sinker, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1922 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Toots Thielemans: Belgian musician of jazz; guitar and harmonica, he began playing accordion at age 3. Hooked on jazz during the German occupation of Belgium during WWII, he had an international breakthrough when he joined the Benny Goodman European concert tour in 1950.
- Noriko Sengoku
- Toots [Jean] Thielemans: Belgian / US jazz musician / composer.
- George Allen football coach (Los Angeles Rams: Washington Redskins).
- Alistair Maclean: Novelist.
- Helmut Krackowizer: Austrian motorcycle racer and journalist (d. 2001).
- Parren J Mitchell (Representative-Democrat-Maryland: 1971-).
- Tommy Noonan: Washington, United States -- Actor (Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Promises Promises).
- 1st official International Weightlifting Federation Champ (Tallinn, Estonia)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Three O'Clock in the Morning - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- On the Gin-Gin-Ginny Shore - Ray Miller & His Orchestra