Sunday 23 April 1922
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kingsley Amis and Richard Diebenkorn.
Hook, Line and Sinker, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1922 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Richard Diebenkorn: Artist.
- Kingsley Amis: Novelist.
- Charles Mingus: Musician.
- Boy [Segundo JA] Ecury: Aruba -- Resistance fighter.
- Diarmuid Downs: auto engineer.
- Henri Arnaudeau: French soccer player, he was the top scorer for the Second Level in 1948.
- Marjorie Cameron: American writer, painter, actress, and occultist (Born 1922).
- Jack May: English actor (d. 1997).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dear Old Southland - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Marie - Ted Lewis & His Band
- James P. Johnson - Carolina Shout