Wednesday 19 April 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Erich Hartmann and Luigi Barbbarito.
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1922
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 19 April 1922. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1922 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Erich Hartmann: German ace pilot with the Luffwaffe in WW II credited with shooting down over 300 planes; his technique was to close in on the target before firing, a method that sometimes caused damage to his plane by flying debris.
- Luigi Barbbarito: reverend (Apostolic ProNuncio).
- Robert-Henri Bautier: French archivist and medievalist.
- 26th Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:18 10.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dear Old Southland - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Marie - Ted Lewis & His Band
- James P. Johnson - Carolina Shout