Saturday 15 April 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Washington first black mayor of Chicago (D and Harold Washington.
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while Simon Called Peter by Robert Keable was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1922 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Harold Washington first black mayor of Chicago (D: 1983-87).
- Harold Washington: American politician, the first black Mayor of Chicago in 1983 despite admitted troubles with the law in the '70s when he was a practicing lawyer in Chicago and a member of the State Legislature.
- Michael Ansara: Lowell, Massachusetts -- Actor (Cochise-Broken Arrow, Centennial).
- Joyce Jacobs: English-Australian actress (d. 2013).
- Hasrat Jaipuri: Indian poet and songwriter (d. 1999).
- Graham Whitehead: English racing driver (d. 1981)
- Banting, MacLeod and Best discover insulin
- Poodle Dog Restaurant closes
- The United Kingdom's Prince of Wales visits the Japanese paramilitary youth group ''Seinendan'' in annexed Korea.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm an Indian - Fanny Brice
- Lucy Isabelle Marsh - The Song of Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?