Saturday 22 April 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lou Stein and Richard C Diebenkorn Jr.
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1922 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Lou Stein: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Pianist (Tonight! America After Dark).
- Richard C Diebenkorn Jr: United States -- Painter (Ocean Park Paintings).
- Wolf V Vishniac: American microbiologist (d. 1973).
- Charles Mingus in Arizona: USA; jazz musician (Pithecanthropus Erectus) (dies 1979).
- Charles Mingus: American jazz musician, bandleader, composer, genius and legend who elevated bass into a solo melodic instrument.
- Jean-Claude Renard: French poet who entered the world of poetry, publishing "Juan" in 1945, his first book.
- Pierre Ferret: Canet physician
- Richard Diebenkorn: American soldier and painter (d. 1993)
- Wolf Vishniac: American microbiologist and academic (d. 1973)
- South Ossetian Autonomous Region is established in Georgian SSR.
- The Lambda Chapter of the Joe Whelan Sorority, Incorporated (the first chapter of a black sorority in New York State) is chartered.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 April 1922
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Marie - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Dear Old Southland - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- James P. Johnson - Carolina Shout
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?