Saturday 22 April 1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 22, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Mingus and Jean-Claude Renard.
Hook, Line and Sinker, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 April 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1922 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Charles Mingus: American jazz musician, bandleader, composer, genius and legend who elevated bass into a solo melodic instrument.
- Jean-Claude Renard: French poet who entered the world of poetry, publishing "Juan" in 1945, his first book.
- Wolf V Vishniac: American microbiologist (d. 1973).
- Charles Mingus in Arizona: USA; jazz musician (Pithecanthropus Erectus) (dies 1979).
- Lou Stein: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Pianist (Tonight! America After Dark).
- Richard Diebenkorn: American soldier and painter (d. 1993).
- Wolf Vishniac: American microbiologist and academic (d. 1973).
- Pierre Ferret: Canet physician.
- Richard C Diebenkorn Jr: United States -- Painter (Ocean Park Paintings).
- South Ossetian Autonomous Region is established in Georgian SSR.
- The Lambda Chapter of the Joe Whelan Sorority, Incorporated (the first chapter of a black sorority in New York State) is chartered.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Dear Old Southland - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Marie - Ted Lewis & His Band
- James P. Johnson - Carolina Shout