Friday 1 April 1921
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 1, 1921). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Stil and Douglas Allenbrook.
Circumstantial Evidence, directed by John M. Stahl, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1921
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1921!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1921 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- André Stil: French novelist, short story writer, occasional poet, and political activist.
- Douglas Allenbrook: composer.
- Pierre Chanoine-Martiel: French official, an executive of several aviation companies and organisations.
- Jean Ebstein: Strasbourg Journalist.
- William L Bergsma: Oakland, California -- Composer (Fortunate Island).
- Ken Reardon: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1921).
- : American guitarist fiddler and composer (d. 2014).
- William Bergsma: American composer and educator (d. 1994).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1921 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Home Again Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- I Used to Love You, but It's all Over Now - Peerless Quartet
- Now and Then - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra