Thursday 1 August 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include J Guillermo and Tom Loeffler.
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1946 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- J Guillermo: Ex-husband of Princess Christina of the Netherlands.
- Tom Loeffler: (Rep-R-Texas, 1979- ).
- Richard O Covey in Fayetteville: Arkansas, USA; US Air Force / astronaut (STS 51I, 26, 38).
- Alfred Piergallini: American economist and CEO of Gerber Products, an infant foods wholesaler, products manufacturer and clothing maker.
- Boz Burrell: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (King Crimson and Bad Company) (d. 2006).
- Rick Coonce: American drummer (The Grass Roots) (d. 2011)
- Richard Covey: American colonel pilot and astronaut
- Sandi Griffiths: American singer
- Fiona Stanley: Australian epidemiologist and academic
- Andrei Vlasov: Russian General (Red Army, Wehrmacht) executed at 45.
- President Truman establishes Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)
- US President Harry Truman establishes Atomic Energy Commission (AEC).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?