Monday 1 September 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 1, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Luc Boutté and Luca Cordero di Montezemolo.
Les maudits, directed by René Clément, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1947 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Jean-Luc Boutté
- Luca Cordero di Montezemolo: Businessman.
- Jean-Luc Boutte: French actor and stage director.
- Al Green: American lawyer and politician.
- Frederick Russell Burnham: father of the international Scouting movement (Born 1861).
- New York Giants' 183-185 home run of year breaks New York Yankees' mark of 182 in 1936.