Friday 11 December 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karen Hantze and Donna Mills.
Random Harvest, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1942 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Karen Hantze
- Donna Mills: American actress.
- Karen Susman: tennis pro (Wimbledon 1962).
- Anna Carteret: English actress.
- Australian / Dutch guerrilla troops evacuated to Timor near Australia