Wednesday 1 August 2007US date format: 8/1/2007, UK date format: 1/8/2007
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's.
In UK The Way I Are by Timbaland featuring Doe & Keri Hilson was in the top 5 hits.
Beneath, directed by Dagen Merrill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Tin Roof Blowdown by James Lee Burke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wainy Days.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The City Beneath or Chocolate Castle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 August 2007 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 August
- The I-35W Mississippi River Bridge on I-35W over the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota between University Avenue and Washington Avenue collapses at 6:05 pm CST during the later part of rush hour, killing 13 people.
- New Zealand launches its first commercially available biofuel, which consists of 90 percent petrol and 10 percent bioethanol made from cows' milk. (AFP via The China Post)
- The President of the United States George W. Bush orders senior adviser Karl Rove not to testify before a United States Senate committee on the Dismissal of U.S. attorneys controversy. (BBC)
- The Bombay Stock Exchange Sensex lost 615 points in a single day becoming the third biggest such crash in its history.
- The remains of the RMS Titanic's Unknown Child, initially identified as Eino Viljami Panula, are re-identified by a Canadian research team and found to be those of another young passenger, Sidney Leslie Goodwin. (AP via FOX)
- The Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) sign an agreement to bolster economic and security relationships. It also called for negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement between ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand by the end of 2008. (AP via Forbes)
- A French court orders the release of two suspects in the 1994 Rwandan genocide. (AP via IHT)
- At least 28 people die in Uttar Pradesh, India as an overcrowded boat carrying flood evacuees and aid workers capsizes on the Rohni River. Monsoon floods have killed more than 150 people in India during July while at least 82 people have died in Nepal over the past two weeks and 38 in Bangladesh. (BBC)
- 2007 Russian North Pole expedition: A Russian expedition with the aim of claiming petroleum beneath the Arctic reaches the North Pole. (AP via CNN)
- The Accordance Front, Iraq's largest Sunni party, withdraws from the government while at least 70 people die in three bomb attacks. (AP via Boston Herald)
- US crude oil prices reach a new high of $78.77 a barrel due to declining stocks and decreased output. (Reuters)
- Russia’s gas exports monopoly Gazprom will almost halve supplies to Belarus from August 3 after failing to reach a deal with Minsk over a $456 million energy debt. (Financial Times)
- 18 militants killed near Banda checkpoint of North Waziristan, Pakistan by Pakistan troops.
- The United Kingdom Office of Fair Trading levies a fine of £121.5 million on British Airways for price collusion over long distance passenger fuel surcharges. British Airways and Korean Air later plead guilty to conspiracies to fix the price of passenger and cargo fees in the United States with fines of $300 million each being levied. (Washington Post)
- Sudan pledges support for UNAMID, a joint United Nations and African Union peacekeeping force in Darfur. (BBC)
- Sixty-nine Chinese coal miners are rescued from the Zhijian mine in Henan province. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- The Prime Minister of Spain José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero visits the Canary Islands to inspect the damage caused by five days of fires on the islands of Gran Canaria and Tenerife. (BBC)
- Sumo wrestler Asashoryu becomes the first Yokozuna in history to be suspended from competition. (Mainichi)
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
- Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Rihanna - Umbrella
- Timbaland - The Way I Are
- Shop Boyz - Party Like A Rockstar
- What Time Is It - High School Musical 2 Cast
- Akon - Sorry, Blame It On Me
- A Bay Bay - Hurricane Chris
- Buy U A Drank (Shawty Snappin') - T-Pain
- T-Pain - Bartender
Top #10 R&B songs
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Same Girl - R. Kelly Duet With Usher
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Please Don't Go - Tank
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- Big Things Poppin' (Do It) - T.I.
- Wipe Me Down - Lil Boosie Featuring Foxx & Webbie
- Beyonce - Get Me Bodied
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
- Un Juego - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Por Amarte Asi - Alacranes Musical
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Que Me Des Tu Carino - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- A Ti Si Puedo Decirte - El Chapo de Sinaloa
- Joan Sebastian - Eso y Mas
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Rupert Murdoch is likely to accept losses on The Wall Street Journal at first in order to win the long-term war. [..]
The New York Press, the city’s second-largest free weekly newspaper, is expected to be sold to Manhattan Media, a publisher of weekly newspapers. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.01
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $118.00
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.05
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.04
- 1 CAD = 1.1401 CHF
- 1 AUD = 1.0302 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9032 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4474 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?