Sunday 1 February 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georg Rendl and Pierre Conze.
while Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch by Alice Hegan Rice was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1903!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1903 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Georg Rendl: Austria -- Miner / beekeeper / writer (The Bees Novel).
- Pierre Conze: Billom Military man.
- George Gabriel Stokes: Irish physicist (Born 1819).
- George G Stokes British physicist/presidential Royal Society: dies at age 83.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1903 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down Where the Wurzburger Flows - Arthur Collins
- Under the Bamboo Tree - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?