Sunday February 01, 1903
US date format: 2/1/1903, UK date format: 1/2/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Georg Rendl and Pierre Conze.
Electrocuting an Elephant, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1903?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- George Gabriel Stokes: Irish physicist (Born 1819).
- George G Stokes British physicist/presidential Royal Society: dies at age 83.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1903?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - Down Where the Wurzburger Flows
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - Under the Bamboo Tree