Monday 1 February 1943US date format: 2/1/1943, UK date format: 1/2/1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tina Sloan and Lord Mountevans.
Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, directed by Freddie Francis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1943 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Tina Sloan: American actress seen in the role of Lillian Raines on the TV soap "Guiding Light.
- Josceline Dimbleby: Cookery writer.
- Lord Mountevans
- Ron Woods: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder with the New York Yankees and Montreal Expos.
- Rosemarie Frankland: Welsh actress model and 1961 Miss World (d. 2000).
- German occupiers of Norway make Vidkun Quisling premier.
- Mussert forms pro-Nazi shadow cabinet (Netherlands).