Monday 1 February 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Josceline Dimbleby and Lord Mountevans.
Saludos Amigos, directed by Wilfred Jackson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1943 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Josceline Dimbleby: Cookery writer.
- Lord Mountevans: .
- Tina Sloan: American actress seen in the role of Lillian Raines on the TV soap "Guiding Light.
- Ron Woods: American baseball player, a right-handed outfielder with the New York Yankees and Montreal Expos.
- Rosemarie Frankland: Welsh actress model and 1961 Miss World (d. 2000).
- German occupiers of Norway make Vidkun Quisling premier.
- Mussert forms pro-Nazi shadow cabinet (Netherlands).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?