Saturday 21 February 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anaïs Nin and Raymond Queneau.
while Gordon Keith by Thomas Nelson Page was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 February 1903 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Anaïs Nin: French writer who authored 60 diaries in her 74 years about her SELF (often capitalized), working on perfecting her self-absorption and sex-life.
- Raymond Queneau: French novelist, poet, screenwriter, encyclopedist, multifaceted creative genius whose work influenced French prose, poetry & cinema.
- Fairfax M Cone: American advertising executive (d. 1977).
- Raymond Queneau [M Presle]: French author (Un Enfant a Dit).
- Thomas Yawkey: baseball owner (Boston Red Sox).
- Anais Nin: French diarist (d. 1977).
- Dorothea Neff: Germany Actor.
- Scrapper Blackwell: American singer and guitarist (d. 1962).
- Eric Fogg: Composer.
- Cornerstone laid for US army war college, Washington DC.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?