Saturday 21 February 1903
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anaïs Nin and Raymond Queneau.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 February 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1903!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1903 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Anaïs Nin: French writer who authored 60 diaries in her 74 years about her SELF (often capitalized), working on perfecting her self-absorption and sex-life.
- Raymond Queneau: French novelist, poet, screenwriter, encyclopedist, multifaceted creative genius whose work influenced French prose, poetry & cinema.
- Raymond Queneau [M Presle]: French author (Un Enfant a Dit).
- Thomas Yawkey: baseball owner (Boston Red Sox).
- Eric Fogg: Composer.
- Dorothea Neff: Germany Actor.
- Scrapper Blackwell: American singer and guitarist (d. 1962).
- Anais Nin: French diarist (d. 1977).
- Fairfax M Cone: American advertising executive (d. 1977).
- Cornerstone laid for US army war college, Washington DC.