Tuesday 17 February 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 17, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Berthomieu and Johannes Linthorst.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1903!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1903 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- André Berthomieu: French director, the most prolific of his day with over 60 films from 1926-1960, including "Pas Si Bete," 1929.
- Johannes Linthorst: Homan director of the queen in Groningen.
- Andre Berthomieu: France Actor.
- Sadegh Hedayat: Iranian-French author and translator (d. 1951).
- Joseph Parry composer: dies at age 61.
- El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico becomes part of the United States National Forest System as the Luquillo Forest Reserve.