Sunday 22 February 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Weede and Ain-Ervin Mere.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1903!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1903 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Ain-Ervin Mere: Estonian Nazi (d. 1969).
- Robert Weede: American baritone (d. 1972).
- Letterio Cannavo': Italy Scientist.
- Morley Callaghan: Canada -- Author (Toronto Star, Native Argosy).
- Frank Ramsey: British mathematician philosopher and economist (d. 1930).
- Frederick William Farrar writer/dean (Canterbury 1895-1903): dies.
- Hugo Filipp Jakob Wolf Austrian composer (Corregidor): dies at age 42.
- Hugo Wolf: Slovenian-Austrian composer of approximately 300 solo songs with piano accompaniment.
- Due to drought the US side of Niagara Falls runs short of water.