Sunday 22 February 1903
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Weede and Ain-Ervin Mere.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1903!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1903 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Ain-Ervin Mere: Estonian Nazi (d. 1969).
- Robert Weede: American baritone (d. 1972).
- Letterio Cannavo': Italy Scientist.
- Morley Callaghan: Canada -- Author (Toronto Star, Native Argosy).
- Frank Ramsey: British mathematician philosopher and economist (d. 1930).
- Frederick William Farrar writer/dean (Canterbury 1895-1903): dies.
- Hugo Filipp Jakob Wolf Austrian composer (Corregidor): dies at age 42.
- Hugo Wolf: Slovenian-Austrian composer of approximately 300 solo songs with piano accompaniment.
- Due to drought the US side of Niagara Falls runs short of water.