Saturday February 01, 1908
US date format: 2/1/1908, UK date format: 1/2/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Gene Sheldon and Edward Staempfli.
Evangeline, directed by Karen Lam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 1908?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- King Carlos I of Portugal and his son, Prince Luis Filipe are killed in Terreiro do Paco, Lisbon.
- Carlos I: King of Portugal (1889-1908),...
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - Under Any Old Flag at All