Wednesday 4 February 2004
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Ya! by OutKast.
In UK Mad World by Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules was in the top 5 hits.
The Butterfly Effect, directed by Eric Bress, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Evil Genius or The Fall: Last Days of Gaia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 4 February 2004 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 04 February
- Facebook, a mainstream online social network is founded by Mark Zuckerberg.
- A three-judge panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco upholds an August 2003 decision by U.S. Magistrate Judge John Jelderks in Portland that the remains of the Kennewick Man can be studied. In a decision was written by Judge Ronald M. Gould, the court denies the request of the Nez Perce, Umatilla, Colville, and Yakama Indian tribes, which wanted the bones to be turned over to them for burial, holding that the remains do not fall under the Native
- The European Space Agency announces plans to send humans and robot probes to the Moon and Mars over the next three decades.
- Same-sex marriage in Massachusetts: The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, the state supreme court of Massachusetts, issues a response to a Massachusetts Senate question about instituting civil unions, such as the civil unions on Vermont, would meet the requirements of the 4–3 decision in ''Goodridge v. Department of Public Health'' issued in November 2003. The Court responds that such civil unions would not be sufficient to comply with ''Goodridge'', in which the Court held that not
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission held an open meeting in what may be the longest-running SEC fraud case. At issue are the trades that resulted in the firing of Orlando (Joseph) Jett from Kidder, Peabody Co. in 1994. An administrative law judge held that Jett was responsible for record keeping violations, but rejected the claim of SEC lawyers that he was guilty of securities fraud. Both the staff and Jett appealed to the full commission.
- Social networking website Facebook is launched.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 4 February 2004
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Montpellier - Marseille : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?