Monday 16 February 2004
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include TeaLynn Adamson .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Slow Jamz by Twista.
In UK Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC vs U2 was in the top 5 hits.
EuroTrip, directed by Jeff Schaffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The South Beach Diet by Arthur Agatston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chop Cut Rebuild.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bomberman Hardball or Fish Tycoon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 16 February 2004 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Doris Troy: [Payne]; American soul singer/songwriter ("Just One Kiss").
- Temple in Jerusalem: An 800 year old wall holding back part of the hill jutting out from the Western Wall leading up to the Mughrabim Gate partially collapses. Authorities believe a recent earthquake may be responsible. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- India and Pakistan begin formal peace negotiations, with Kashmir on the agenda. (BBC)
- L. Paul Bremer, the United States administrator of Iraq states he will veto any interim constitution that would make Islam ampquotthe chief source of lawampquot, as opposed to ampquota source of inspiration for the law.ampquot Many Iraqi women express fears that the rights they hold under Iraq's longtime secular system may be denied them in the interim constitution based upon Islam as ampquotthe chief source of law.ampquot (NYT)
- The United States states that Afghanistan's elections scheduled for this June may have to be postponed because of security problems and the failure to register enough voters. Only 8% of eligible Afghan voters have been enrolled to date. (NYT)
- The Taiwan (ROC)'s pro-independence president, Chen Shui-bian, states that Taiwan may eventually reunify with Mainland China. Nonetheless, Chen rejects the People's Republic of China's ''one country, two systems'' formula which was applied to Hong Kong and Macau. This is a new step for Chen who, shortly after taking office in 2000, had said unification was just one option—comments widely seen as a push for independence for the island. (NYT)
- Same-sex marriage in the United States:
- Officials at the city and county of San Francisco, California, estimate by the end of the day that they will have issued 2,000 licenses for same-sex marriages in the four days since they started granting legal recognition to gay and lesbian unions. (Mercury News)
- The ''San Francisco Chronicle'' reports that the decision of San Francisco's mayor, Gavin Newsom, to express his opinion on same-sex marriage was because of George W. Bush's stance on the issue. (''Miami Herald'')
- The territory of Nunavut, Canada, holds its second general election since its creation. Of the 19 members, one is chosen by acclamation. Eight members of the previous government are returned to office, and five are defeated. The members will elect a premier on March 5.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 February 2004
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Louvieroise - Germinal : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Nurnberg - Mainz : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Salernitana - Triestina : 2 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Guimaraes - Belenenses : 0 - 1
- Rio Ave - Alverca : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?