Monday 23 February 2004
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Take Me To The Clouds Above by LMC vs U2 was in the top 5 hits.
EuroTrip, directed by Jeff Schaffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Divided In Death by J. D. Robb was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Staffers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Call of Duty: Finest Hour or Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 2004!
Which were the important events of 23 February 2004 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 February
- Carl Liscombe: Canadian hockey player (Born 1915).
- Neil Ardley: English jazz pianist and composer (Born 1937).
- Vijay Anand: Indian actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Don Cornell: American singer and trumpet player (d. 2004).
- Sikander Bakht: Indian field hockey player and politician Indian Minister of External Affairs (d. 2004).
- United States Secretary of Education Rod Paige calls the National Education Association, the nation's largest teachers' union, a ampquotterrorist organization.ampquot He later apologizes, calling his comments ampquotan inappropriate choice of words to describe the obstructionist scare tactics the NEA's Washington lobbyists have employed against No Child Left Behind's historic education reforms.ampquot (CNSNews)
- The Iranian parliament starts processing the resignation of more than 120 members, starting with Fatemeh Haghighatjou who is among the few female members.amp!-- Broken link
- The United States Army cancels the RAH-66 Comanche helicopter program with in contract cancellation fees to pay. The reconnaissance helicopter project is being phased out in favor of unmanned aerial vehicles. (Reuters)
- Palestinian representatives put their case to the International Court of Justice against the Israeli West Bank barrier. (BBC)
- A fire kills six people at the Dhawan Space Centre, the launch facility of the Indian Space Research Organisation. (CNN)
- 2003 in film: ''The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King'' becomes the second film in history to gross more than in worldwide box office receipts. (BCC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 February 2004
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Bielefeld - Unterhaching : 1 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Caen - Niort : 2 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Torino - Como : 1 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Boavista - Rio Ave : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?