Wednesday 11 February 2004
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Way You Move by OutKast.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / Measure Of A Man by Sam & Mark was in the top 5 hits.
The Girl Next Door, directed by Luke Greenfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Firefighter F.D.18 or Backyard Wrestling 2: There Goes the Neighborhood.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 2004!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 February 2004 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 February
- Shirley Strickland: Australian runner and hurdler (d. 2004).
- Comcast in the USA launches a US$54 billion hostile takeover bid for the Walt Disney Company. The bid is withdrawn on April 28.
- A Black Hawk helicopter has reportedly crashed near Amberley air force base, Mount Walker, Australia, with at least five seriously injured.
- Scientists find a fossilised head and identify it as part of a -year-old fly, making it the oldest known insect.
- The United States Army in Iraq announces a dollar reward for the capture of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, a leader of the terrorist organization Ansar al-Islam, blamed for the deaths of unknown numbers of Iraqi citizens and U.S. military during the U.S.-led occupation of Iraq.
- Scientists in South Korea report that they have created human embryos by cloning and extracted embryonic stem cells.
- Intel scientists say that they have made silicon chips that can switch light like electricity.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission adopts enhanced mutual fund expense and portfolio disclosure, part of the continuing fall-out from the mutual fund late-trading scandal of 2003.
- U.S. Presidential Election, 2004: Retired General Wesley Clark officially announces his departure from the race.
- The Sudanese government cancels plans to attend scheduled peace talks in Geneva with western rebels just days after the Sudanese president proclaimed military victory in the insurgency. The talks were scheduled to begin February 14, 2004. At this time, the Sudanese government is contending with a southern rebellion as well.
- French prosecutors reveal that a money-laundering probe into the transfers of millions of dollars to accounts held by the wife of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat was opened in October 2003. The probe was opened after discovering that nearly is transferred with some regularity from Switzerland to Mrs. Arafat's accounts in Paris. Tracfin, an organization that collates information about money laundering, detected the movements of funds.
- Richard Desmond, the owner of Britain's ''Daily Express'' and ''Daily Star'' newspapers, confirms that he has made a bid for the troubled ''Daily Telegraph''.
- Josh, a Newfoundland, wins Best in Show at the 129th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York.
- Mayer Mofeid Hawash is sentenced to seven years in jail for attempting to enter Afghanistan and aid the Taliban after the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 February 2004
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Louvieroise - Club Brugge : 0 - 4
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Lubeck - Duisburg : 1 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Oxford - Scunthorpe : 3 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Birmingham - Everton : 3 - 0
- Blackburn - Newcastle : 1 - 1
- Charlton - Tottenham : 2 - 4
- Dunfermline - Celtic : 1 - 4
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?