Tuesday 1 June 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Toy Story 3, directed by Lee Unkrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Somewhere Inside by Laura Ling and Lisa Ling was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Norman.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Azkend or Akatsuki no Amaneka to Aoi Kyojin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 2010!
Which were the important events of 1 June 2010 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 June
- The US Mint releases the 2010 Yellowstone National Park quarter dollar coin to circulation.
- The Nanjing Metro opens its Line 2, extending its route length from 22km to 85km, and the number of stations from 16 to 57. (Railway Gazette)
- Former Vice President of the United States Al Gore and his wife Tipper announce their separation. (USA Today)
- At least 5 people are killed in an attack on the Lahore hospital in Pakistan where many of the injured in Friday's attack on members of the Ahmadis sect, as well as one of the captured militants, are undergoing treatment. (CNN)
- Al-Qaeda's top leader in Afghanistan, and Osama bin Laden's third in command, Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, is reported killed. (CNN)
- Poland publishes the transcript of flight data recorders from the fatal 2010 Polish Air Force Tu-154 crash which killed 96 officials and intellectuals on 10 April. (Aljazeera)
- Tropical Storm Agatha:
- Torrential rains open a large sinkhole which swallows an intersection and part of a city block in Guatemala City. (BBC)
- America's Obama administration warns that BP's oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico could continue until August. (''The Australian'')
- Aftermath of the Gaza flotilla raid:
- Survivors of the Israeli assault on the Gaza-bound international aid flotilla return to Greece and Turkey, providing the first eyewitness accounts of the attack. (BBC)
- Israel's ambassador to Denmark, Arthur Avnon, announces that the Israeli military had received rumours of a report which asserted a link between the flotilla and Al-Qaida. (News24)
- Coalition parties in the Northern Ireland Assembly clash over the Israeli commando attack on the aid convoy. (''The Belfast Telegraph'')
- Reports are released regarding the nationalities of those captured after the flotilla raid. (''The Age'')
- Reports are also released expressing concern for captured international journalists, including those from Aljazeera and Astro Awani, while media organisations are asked to act for the release of all journalists in Israeli custody and to request their freedom to practice their profession without pressure and harassment. (NDTV)
- Egypt announces that it will temporarily open its border with Gaza for aid. (AP via Fox News)
- Turkey calls for sanctions against Israel. The United States, a permanent member of the UN Security Council, acts to mitigate the language of the Security Council's draft statement which condemned Israel's action ampquotin the strongest termsampquot, opting instead for one that requests an ampquotimpartialampquot investigation of the deaths and condemns the ampquotactsampquot that led to it. (''The Times'')
- Twenty Israeli trucks deliver cargo from the captured ships to the Gaza Strip via Kerem Shalom crossing. (YouTube)
- Israeli–Palestinian conflict:
- ''The Jerusalem Post'' reports that Israeli soldiers have engaged and killed what they describe as three ampquotterroristsampquot who had fired Kassam Rockets into Israeli lands. No injuries were reported from the rocket attacks. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Gitana - Shakira
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Phoenix - 1901
- Muse - Uprising
- Savior - Rise Against
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Sick Puppies - Odd One
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The Dubai Holding Commercial Operations Group, a real-estate and hospitality company owned by the emirate’s ruler, reported a full-year loss of 22.8 billion dirhams ($6.2 billion) after property prices plunged in the Gulf’s trade and tourism hub. [..]
Borrowing costs could rise as European banks compete with governments in the bond market. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $35.82
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $70.56
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.59
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.85
- 1 CHF = 5.8956 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4696 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0978 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.665 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?