Sunday 1 August 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
The Other Guys, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Live To Tell by Lisa Gardner was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Outdoors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Rising 2 or Cause of Death: Can you Catch the Killer?.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 1 August 2010 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 August
- War in Afghanistan (2001–present)
- Netherlands pulls out of Afghanistan. (rfi)
- Two NATO soldiers are killed in fighting in the south of Afghanistan. (AFP via Focus net)
- Wooden box mines, suspected to come from North Korea, wash ashore on a South Korean beach killing one man and injuring another. (Yonhap)
- Israel Defense Forces jets attack targets in the Gaza Strip following a Qassam rocket fired at the Negev in Israel on Saturday night. (Ynet News)
- Almost 90,000 people flee renewed fighting in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo in the past month reflecting a declining security situation as the military fights Allied Democratic Forces-National Army for the Liberation of Uganda Ugandan Islamist rebels. (Reuters Africa)
- Six people die in the Indian province of Jammu and Kashmir after a third day of clashes between security forces and Muslim separatists. (Voice of America)
- World Heritage List
- Hawaii's Papahānaumokuākea Marine National Monument, the habitat of the endangered Hawaiian Monk seal and rare birds, and Sri Lanka's central highlands are added. (Reuters)
- Tanzania's Ngorongoro Conservation Area, including the Serengeti National Park and Olduvai Gorge, are added. (''The Earth Times'')
- Eleven of Australia's most important convict sites including Hyde Park Barracks and The Domain in Sydney, Fremantle Prison in Western Australia and Port Arthur, Tasmania are added. (AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Philippine Airlines tells 25 airline pilots to return to work after quitting without notice forcing the airline to cancel flights. (Bloomberg via ''Business Week'')
- Manufacturing output in China grows at its slowest rate in 17 months in July, with the Purchasing Managers Index falling 0.9% to 51.2%. (Xinhua)
- The United Arab Emirates will suspend some BlackBerry mobile services from October amid concerns that data from some equipment is being exported offshore and managed by foreign organisations. Saudi Arabia plans to suspend some services later this month. (Aljazeera)
- Thousands of troops are mobilised in Russia to tackle forest fires spreading in 17 regions, the worst in decades, as the death toll rises to 30. (AFP)
- Floods in northeastern China kill more than 100 people and sweep 3,000 chemical-filled barrels into the Songhua River. (''Times of India'')
- Pakistan floods
- The death toll from floods in northwestern Pakistan exceeds 1,000. (''The Nation'')
- The United States pledges $10 million in foreign aid to Pakistan to help the nation respond. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- The Convention on Cluster Munitions banning the use, production and transfer of cluster bombs in some countries, comes into effect. (Aljazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 August 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Charleroi : 1 - 1
- Genk - Germinal : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Criminals are discovering there is money to be made in faking the more ordinary — like Kooba bags and Ugg boots. [..]
The United Arab Emirates said that it cannot adequately monitor the company’s e-mail and text messaging services. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?