Sunday 1 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 1, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edo de Waart and Dean Chance.
Man Hunt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 June 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1941 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Edo de Waart
- Dean Chance: American baseball player, a pitcher with the Los Angeles Dodgers and Minnesota Twins among others and 1964 winner of the Cy Young Award.
- Edo De Waart: Dutch musician, an assistant Conductor in Amsterdam 1966; permanent Conductor of the Rotterdam Philharmonic in 1967; Musical Director and Principal Conductor 1973-79; Principal Guest Conductor of San Francisco Symphony 1975.
- Edo de Waart in Amsterdam: Holland; conductor (Houston Opera-1976).
- Wayne Kemp: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2015).
- Alexander Zakharov: Russian physicist and astronomer.
- Toyo Ito: Japanese architect designed the Torre Realia BCN and Hotel Porta Fira.
- 12.59 (31.98 cm) rainfall, Burlington Kansas (state 24-hr record)
- British troops occupy Bagdad Iraq
- Germany occupies Kreta
- New York Giant Mel Ott hits his 400th HR and his 1,500th RBI
- 31.98 cm (12.59 inches) rainfall, Burlington, Kansas (state 24-hr record).
- Germany bans all Catholic publications.
- World War II: Battle of Crete ends as Crete capitulates to Germany.
- The Farhud, a pogrom of Iraqi Jews, takes place in Baghdad.