Thursday March 01, 1900
US date format: 3/1/1900, UK date format: 1/3/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 1, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Donald Keith .
The Conjurer, directed by George Albert Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 01, 1900?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- See more
- Donald Keith: Falkner singer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 01, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Jere Mahoney - When You Were Sweet Sixteen