Saturday 1 March 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Lemarchand and Bruno Lemarchand.
The Girl Said No, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1930 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Christian Lemarchand
- Bruno Lemarchand
- Gastone Nencini: Italian cyclist (Born 1930).
- Pierre Max Dubois: Composer.
- R Goenka: Indian businessman founded RPG Group (d. 2013).
- Pierre Dubois: Graulhet Musician.
- Raymond St Jacques: Actor / director (Cotton Comes to Harlem, Mr Moses).