Wednesday 7 March 1900
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léon Mazeaud and Carel Willink.
Arles: Farandoleurs dans les Arènes, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 March 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 March 1900!
Which were the important events of 7 March 1900 ?
- Albania ? Teacher's Day
- Catholicism ? Feast day of Saints Perpetua and Felicitas, patron saint of married women
- Léon Mazeaud: Limoges Politician.
- Carel Willink: Dutch artist, a neo-realist painter who studied in Berlin from 1920-1923 and began as an abstractionist influenced by the Italian futurists.
- Giuseppe Capogrossi: Italian painter.
- [Albert] Carel: Willink Dutch painter (magic realism).
- Elisabeth: Princess Elisabeth of Luxembourg (1901 1950).
- Evald Aav: Estonian composer and conductor (d. 1939).
- Stanley Cup: MontrTal Shamrocks sweep Halifax Crescents in two games.
- Battle at Poplar Grove South Africa, President Kruger flees.
- The German liner SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse becomes the first ship to send wireless signals to shore.
- A fire at Buckingham Palace destroys part of its roof.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Mandy Lee - Harry Macdonough
- When Cloe Sings a Song - George J. Gaskin