Sunday 1 April 1900
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jorge Honzalez von Marees .
Clowns Spinning Hats, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while Eben Holden by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1900!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1900 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Jorge Honzalez von Marees: Chilean political figure and author.
- 1st edition of Dutch newspaper The People
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?