Saturday 1 April 1905
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel Mounier and Winfried P I Zillig.
The Sign of the Cross, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1905!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1905 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Emmanuel Mounier: French philosopher, editor and essayist.
- Clara "Mother" Hale: US social worker (Hale House).
- Winfried P I Zillig: German opera composer / conductor (Fantasia Irica).
- Gaston Eyskens Prime Minister of Belgium (1949: 1958-61, 1968-72).
- Gaston Eyskens: Belgian politician, p.m.
- Roger Deneef: Belgium sport Champion.
- British East African Protectorate becomes colony of Kenya.
- Penny post established between the United Kingdom and Australia.