Thursday March 23, 1905
US date format: 3/23/1905, UK date format: 23/3/1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 23, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Paul Grimault and Ralph Perring.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 23, 1905?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- See more
- Eleftherios Venizelos calls for Crete's union with Greece, and begins what is to be known as the Theriso revolt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 23, 1905?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Stanley - In the Shadow of the Pyramid
- Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan - Soldier Boy
- Cal Stewart - The Wedding of Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Smith
- Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan - Juanita
- J.W. Myers - While the Brass Band Played