Thursday 23 March 1905US date format: 3/23/1905, UK date format: 23/3/1905
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Grimault and Ralph Perring.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1905!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1905 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Paul Grimault: French cartoonista anf film animator.
- Joan Crawford: American actress (d. 1977).
- Ralph Perring: Lord Mayor (London).
- Lale Andersen: German chanson singer-songwriter, best known for her interpretation of the song "Lili Marleen" in 1939, which became tremendously popular on both sides during the Second World War.
- Edouard Cherigie: Fleurbay physician.
- Eleftherios Venizelos calls for Crete's union with Greece, and begins what is to be known as the Theriso revolt.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1905 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- While the Brass Band Played - J.W. Myers
- Juanita - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- The Wedding of Uncle Josh and Aunt Nancy Smith - Cal Stewart
- Soldier Boy - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
- In the Shadow of the Pyramid - Frank Stanley