Sunday 1 November 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William "Sabby" Lewis and Jean Lelievre.
Salomy Jane, directed by Lucius Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Inside of the Cup by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1914 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- William "Sabby" Lewis: Jazz pianist / arranger.
- Jean Lelievre: S?es physician.
- Yves Viotte: Vannes Military man.
- Moshe Teitelbaum: Hungarian Hassidic rabbi (d. 2006).
- Christopher "Kit" Cradock: English Admiral, dies in battle.
- Connie Mack asks waivers on Jack Coombs, Eddie Plank and Chief Colby
- Von Hindenburg named marshal of Eastern front
- World War I: the first British Royal Navy defeat of the war with Germany, the Battle of Coronel, is fought off of the western coast of Chile, in the Pacific, with the loss of HMS Good Hope and HMS Monmouth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Old Homestead - Prince's Orchestra
- Dear Love Days - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell & Will Oakland
- You're More Than the World to Me - Manuel Romain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?