Wednesday 2 August 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Baptiste Bouvier and Ann Dvorak.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1911 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let Me Live and Stay in Dixieland - Charles King & Elizabeth Brice
- King of the Bungaloos - Gene Greene
- It's Got to be Someone I Love - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?