Tuesday 2 August 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John E Pepper Jr and Brunhilde Hendrix.
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Order to View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 August 1938 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- John E Pepper Jr
- Brunhilde Hendrix: German FR, relay runner (1960 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Pierre de Bane: French-Canadian politician.
- Dave Balon: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2007).
- Pierre de Bané: Israeli-Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Paul Jenkins: American actor (d. 2013).
- Terry Peck: Falkland Islander who acted as a scout for 3rd Battalion, The Parachute Regiment in the Falklands War (Born 1938).
- Bjarni Thorsteinsson: Composer, dies at 76.
- 1st test of a yellow baseball (Dodgers vs. Cardinals)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?