Thursday 2 August 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Otwell and Roger Otwell.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Canyon River, directed by Harmon Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Against Crime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1956 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- David Otwell: American singer along with his twin brother Roger who was born five minutes later, TV regulars on the "Lawrence Welk Show," 1977-82.
- Roger Otwell: American singer along with his twin brother David who was born five minutes earlier, TV regulars on the "Lawrence Welk Show," 1977-82.
- Leslie Ackerman: TV Actress.
- Bill Murchison Jr: Lake Charles, Louisiana -- Nike golfer (1994 Boise Open-2nd).
- Isabel Pantoja: in Spain; spanish singer (Genio y Figura).
- Fulvio Melia: Italian-born American physicist, astrophysicist and author.
- Jim Neidhart: American professional wrestler.
- Albert Woolson: Last veteran US Union army, dies at 109.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?