Tuesday 23 August 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Emmanuelli and Viva (actress).
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 August 1938 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Xavier Emmanuelli: French physician, co-founder and president of the humanitarian organization, "Doctors Without Borders," 1979-88.
- Viva (actress)
- Giacomo Bini: Italian priest and missionary (d. 2014).
- Roger Greenaway: English singer-songwriter and producer (The Kestrels Brotherhood of Man and The Pipkins).
- English cricketer Len Hutton sets a world record for the highest individual Test innings of 364, during a Test match against Australia.
- Hitler, hosting a dinner on board the ocean liner ''Patria'' in Kiel Bay, tells the Regent of Hungary, Admiral Horthy, that action against Czechoslovakia is imminent and that quothe who wants to sit at the table must at least help in the kitchenquot, a reference to Horthy's designs on Carpathian Ruthenia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?