Thursday 25 August 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Forsyth and Guy Gilles.
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while My Son, My Son! by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 August 1938 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Frederick Forsyth: Author (Day of the Jackal, Deceiver, Odessa File).
- Guy Gilles: French-Algerian director of short films, then co-director of features.
- Pierre Goldberg
- David Canary: American actor (d. 2015).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?