Sunday 7 August 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dewi Lorwerth Ellis Bebb and Helen Caldicott in Melbourne.
Four Daughters, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 7 August 1938 ?
- Dewi Lorwerth Ellis Bebb: Rugby international / journalist.
- Helen Caldicott in Melbourne: Australia; physician/anti-war activist.
- Helen Caldicott: Australian physician, author, and anti-nuclear advocate who has founded several associations dedicated to opposing the use of nuclear power, depleted uranium munitions, nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons proliferation, war and military action in general.
- Olivier Foll: French Police Captain 1965-'74, Police Chief 1974-'81, Chief Superintendent 1981-'87, Assistant Manager 1987-89 and General Inspector of the National Police Force from 1988.
- Leo Durocher, hits 2,000th Dodger home run
- Two die in a New York City subway accident.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?