Wednesday 2 August 1939US date format: 8/2/1939, UK date format: 2/8/1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 2, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wes Craven and Robert James Waller.
In Name Only, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1939 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Wes Craven: American author, film maker and screen...
- Robert James Waller: Writer.
- John W Snow: American 73rd United States Secretary of...
- Edward Pattern in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; singer (Gladys Knight and...
- Terry Kiser: Actor.
- Benjamin Barber: American theorist author and academic.
- John Snow: American businessman and politician 73rd...
- Michel Vachey: France Writer.
- Harvey Spencer Lewis: American Rosicrucian mystic (Born 1883).
- Hatch Act prohibits political activity by federal workers.
- Albert Einstein and Leo Szilard write a letter to Franklin D. Roosevelt, urging him to begin the Manhattan project to develop a nuclear weapon.
- Albert Einstein writes to President Franklin Roosevelt about developing the atomic bomb using uranium. This leads to the creation of the Manhattan Project.