Friday 10 October 1913
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Downs and Rémy Chauvin.
The Debt of Honor, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Laddie (novel) by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 10 October 1913 ?
- Johnny Downs: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Manhattan Showcase).
- Rémy Chauvin: French scientist and parapsychologist, an authority on animal behavior and insect physiology.
- Claude Simon: French novelist often identified with the nouveau roman movement.
- R?my Chauvin: Toulon physician.
- Emile Hervet: Vandenesse physician.
- British passenger ship Volturno catches fire in Atlantic (136 kill)
- Gamboa Dam in Panama blown up; Atlantic and Pacific waters mix
- Yuan Shikai installed as 1st President of China
- President Woodrow Wilson triggers the explosion of the Gamboa Dike thus ending construction on the Panama Canal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pullman Porters' Parade - Al Jolson
- Sweethearts - Grace Kerns
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?