Sunday 2 February 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Farrah Fawcett and Mike Brant.
Nora Prentiss, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1947!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1947 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Farrah Fawcett: American actress, a model and commercial actress before becoming a star during her one season in the TV hit series "Charlie's Angels," 1976.
- Mike Brant: Israeli pop star who achieved fame after moving to France.
- Derek Shulman: Rocker.
- Mary Farrah Leni Fawcett in Corpus Christi: Texas, USA; actress (Charlie's Angels, Burning Bed).
- Ellen Malcolm: Activist.
- Greg Antonacci: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Kevin Coe: American realtor arrested in 3/10/1981 and convicted in August 1981 of four rapes in Spokane, Washington, sentenced to life in prison.
- Aleksandr Medved: USSR -- Wrestler (1964, 68, 72 Olympics - Gold Medalist).