Saturday 2 February 1957US date format: 2/2/1957, UK date format: 2/2/1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 2, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Barney and Laurie Mann.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mother India, directed by Mehboob Khan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Of The Wine by Mary Renault was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tomahawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1957 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Phil Barney: Algerian-French singer-songwriter.
- Laurie Mann: Current DPS curator / geek.
- Sandra Joyce Cagle Milwukee WI: Playmate (Feb, 1980).
- Grigory Landsberg: Russian physicist (Born 1890).
- Candide closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 73 performances
- Iskander Mirza of Pakistan lays the foundation-stone of the Guddu Barrage.
- France prohibits U.N. involvement in Algeria.
- The first nuclear-powered submarine, the , logs its 60,000th nautical mile, matching the endurance of the fictional ''Nautilus'' described in Jules Verne's novel ''ampquot20,000 Leagues Under the Seaampquot''.
- A coal gas explosion at the giant Bishop coal mine in Bishop, Virginia kills 37 men.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?