Saturday 2 February 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurie Mann and Sandra Joyce Cagle Milwukee WI.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Carosello.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1957 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Laurie Mann: Current DPS curator / geek.
- Sandra Joyce Cagle Milwukee WI: Playmate (Feb, 1980).
- Phil Barney: Algerian-French singer-songwriter.
- Grigory Landsberg: Russian physicist (Born 1890).
- Candide closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 73 performances
- UN adopts a resolution calling for Israeli troops to leave Egypt
- Iskander Mirza of Pakistan lays the foundation-stone of the Guddu Barrage.
- France prohibits U.N. involvement in Algeria.
- The first nuclear-powered submarine, the , logs its 60,000th nautical mile, matching the endurance of the fictional ''Nautilus'' described in Jules Verne's novel ''ampquot20,000 Leagues Under the Seaampquot''.
- A coal gas explosion at the giant Bishop coal mine in Bishop, Virginia kills 37 men.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 February 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?