Thursday 14 February 1957, Valentine's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Buzy (singer) and Reggie King.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The True Story of Jesse James, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Autumn Across America by Edwin Way Teale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tonight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1957 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Buzy (singer)
- Reggie King
- Jean-Luc Lagarce: French actor, playwright and director of a dramatic troupe, who died of AIDS on 30 September 1995 in Paris.
- Alan Hunter: American television host and actor.
- Renee Fleming: Musician.
- Alan Smith: English bishop.
- Soile Isokoski: Finnish soprano and actress.
- Buzy : French singer, whose first single, "Dyslexique," went on to sell 500,000 copies and became one of the greatest hits of 1981.
- Ken Wahl: American actor, handsome but lacking in personality, who had a breakthrough with the series "Wiseguy" series.
- Georgia Senate unanimously approves Senator Leon Butts' bill barring blacks from playing baseball with whites.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?