Tuesday 5 February 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 5, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Azouz Begag and Nick Laird-Clowes.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
Pyaasa, directed by Guru Dutt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Contact.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 February 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 5 February 1957 ?
- Kashmir Day observes as public holiday in Pakistan.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agatha of Sicily, patron saint of firework makers and glass blowers.
- Saint Bertolf
- Azouz Begag: French writer, politician and researcher in economics and sociology at the CNRS.
- Nick Laird-Clowes: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Dream Academy and Pink Floyd).
- Craig Wilson: Beeville, Texas -- US water polo goalie (1984, 88 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Mark Matousek: American gay writer, Matousek has written two memoirs, "Sex Death Enlightenment" (1996) and "The Boy He Left Behind: A Man's Search for His Lost Father.
- Jüri Tamm: Estonian hammer thrower and politician.
- Sami Ibrahim Haddad: Lebanese surgeon (Born 1890).
- Dmitri Shostakovitch completes his 2nd Piano Concert
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?