Tuesday 26 February 1957
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hervé Giraud and Joe Mullen.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Of The Wine by Mary Renault was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Panic!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 February 1957 ?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Hervé Giraud: French Catholic bishop, the archbishop of Sens-Auxerre and Prelate of the Mission de France since 5 March 2015.
- Joe Mullen: American ice hockey player and coach.
- Connie Carpenter-Phinney: Madison, Wisconsin -- 79k cyclist (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Keena Rothhammer: United States -- 800 m freestyle swimmer (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- David Muldrow Beasley: American politician and 113th Governor of South Carolina.
- David Beasley: American lawyer and politician 113th Governor of South Carolina.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?