Thursday 2 February 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-François Lamour and Jean-Marc Padovani.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1956 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Jean-François Lamour: French fencer who became a politician and cabinet minister.
- Jean-Marc Padovani: French jazz saxophonist and songwriter.
- Adnan Oktar: Turkish theorist and author.
- Coasters sign with Atlantic Records
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?