Friday 15 February 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bienvenida Buck and Charles Edward.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six-Five Special.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1957 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Bienvenida Buck: Velencia, Spain -- Lover of British Peter Harding.
- Charles Edward: Pevensey Tennant; aristocrat.
- Jake E: Lee; rocker (Badlands - "Dreams in the Dark").
- Steve Farhood: American boxing historian and analyst.
- Nathaniel Bar-Jonah: American psychopathic monster cannibal who sexually assaulted, killed, roasted and stewed little boys.
- Patrice Pade: French transient. He was arrested for being homeless on 7/20/1996 and prosecuted on the 22nd , following his confession that he had raped and murdered Caroline Dickinson on 7/18/1996 at the Pleine-Fougères youth camp. He had a prior record for sexual assault but genetic testing cleared him of these charges and he was released.
- Jake Lee: American guitarist (Badlands)
- Gul Mohammed: Indian dwarf (d. 1997)
- Jimmy Spencer: American race car driver and sportscaster
- Andrei A Gromyko succeeds Dmitri Shepilov as Soviet foreign minister.
- Andrei Gromyko becomes foreign minister of the Soviet Union.
- The ampquotToddlers' Truceampquot, a controversial television closedown between 6.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m., is abolished in the United Kingdom.
- Ingmar Bergman's film ''The Seventh Seal'' opens in Sweden.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?