Monday 18 February 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vanna White [Rosich] in North Myrtle Beach and Marita Koch.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
In UK The Garden Of Eden by Frankie Vaughan was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Shrinking Man, directed by Jack Arnold, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Life Of The Party by Bennett Cerf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six-Five Special.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 February 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 February 1957 ?
- Independence Day in The Gambia (1965)
- Vanna White [Rosich] in North Myrtle Beach: South Carolina, USA; TV game show hostess (Wheel of Fortune).
- Marita Koch: Former East German sprint track and field athlete.
- Vanna White: American TV performer and hostess whose claim to fame is standing by a gambling wheel and smiling as it spins on the TV game show, "Wheel Of Fortune.
- George Pelecanos: American author screenwriter and producer.
- Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is executed by the British colonial government.
- Walter James Bolton becomes the last person legally executed in New Zealand.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1957 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?