Sunday June 02, 1957
US date format: 6/2/1957, UK date format: 2/6/1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 2, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bartabas and Roberto Visentini.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
The Prince and the Showgirl, directed by Laurence Olivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Towers Of Trebizond by Rose Macaulay was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 02, 1957?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Triangle Round Robin Golf Tournament
- US TV interviews Khrushchev
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 02, 1957?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 02If June 02, 1957 is your birthday you're 63 years, 2 months, 3 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 28 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free