Sunday 2 June 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bartabas and Roberto Visentini.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
The Prince and the Showgirl, directed by Laurence Olivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Angry Man by Gerald Green was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1957 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Roberto Visentini
- Mark Lawrenson: English footballer and manager.
- Jeff Hawkins: Inventor.
- Jonathan Stack: American director and producer.
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Triangle Round Robin Golf Tournament
- US TV interviews Khrushchev
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?