Saturday 2 June 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Sereys and John Anthony Bowden Cuddon.
The Hands of Orlac, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while Claire Ambler by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1928 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Jacques Sereys: St-Maurice Actor.
- John Anthony Bowden Cuddon: Writer / teacher.
- Erzsi Kovács: Hungarian singer (d. 2014).
- Rafael Lecuona: Cuban-American gymnast and academic (d. 2014).
- Velveeta Cheese created by Kraft
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?